Effective August 1, 2022
· “Account” means the unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
· “Company” ,“The Company”, “8am”, “We”, “we” “us”, “Us”, “our” or “Our” means 8am Solutions Inc. and any and all affiliates thereof.
· “Country” refers to the country of Canada.
· “Cookies” are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
· “Device” means any device that can access the Service or parts of the Service such as a computer, a cell phone, or a digital tablet.
· “Service” refers to the Website, application website, and mobile platforms.
· “Service Provider” means any natural or legal person who processes the Personal Data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service, or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
· “Usage Data” refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
· “Website(s)” refers to 8am’s website, accessible from www.8amsolutions.com.
“You”, “you”, “Your” and “your” means the individual who accesses our Service or parts of our Service, or in some cases, visitors to the Website.
2. Collection of Personal Data
We may also collect Personal Data from you when you apply for employment with 8am. We will only ask for the Personal Data necessary to process your application and retain your information in accordance with our employee policies.
To ensure that the Personal Data is accurate, complete and up to date, we urge you to provide us with updates regarding such information and to inform us of any errors affecting the Personal Data that we retain. Upon written request, we may edit the Personal Data as collected by 8am. Please contact our Privacy Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org to have this Personal Data edited.
Personal information is collected by the following methods:
A) Information provided by you
The creation of an Account with 8am facilitates the collection of certain Personal Data that can be used to contact or identify You. Personal Data may include, but is not limited to, the following:
· Contact information including your email address, phone number, and residential and/or business address;
· Communication preferences;
· Employment and education including information required for security checks;
· Compliance assessments and audit documentation;
· Financial information if payment is required for the Service.
B) Integration of your 8AM account with third-party applications
By integrating your Account, you authorize 8am to collect information that you have provided to the third-party applications, including your profile information, and any other information that you make available on or through third-party applications. Use of third-party applications to interact with 8am does not give 8am access to your login credentials, user name, password, or any information you may provide directly to these applications. You are strongly encouraged to review the privacy policies of all third-party applications used to interact with the Website, application, or mobile platform. 8am will utilize contractual obligations or other means to provide adequate protection from third party providers.
C) Usage Data
When the Service is accessed, we may automatically collect
certain technical information about your visit to the Website, including but not limited to:
· the date and time;
· browser type;
· your internet service provider;
· your internet protocol (“IP”) address;
· device information including unique device identifiers (“UDID”);
· geo-location information;
· computer and network performance data;
· the uniform resource locator (“URL”).
We may automatically collect information through the use of “cookies.” A cookie is a small data file that is sent to your computer, tablet, or mobile device. The cookie allows the Website to recognize your device the next time you visit the Website. Cookies are stored directly on your device’s hard drive.
We may use “persistent cookies” to save your user id and password to facilitate future logins to the Website. Persistent cookies remain on your device when you go offline and are available until you delete them or they expire.
We may use “session ID cookies” to enable certain features of the Website, and to monitor usage and traffic on the Website. Session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies for the purposes set out below:
· Necessary/Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
These cookies are essential to provide you with Services available through the Website and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these cookies, the Services cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide you with those Services.
· Functionality Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
These cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you use the Website.
· Cookies Policy/Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
· Tracking and Performance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Third-Parties
These cookies are used to track information about traffic to the Website and how users use the Website. The information gathered via these cookies may directly or indirectly identify you as an individual visitor. This is due to the fact that information collected is typically linked to a pseudonymous identifier associated with the device you use to access the Website. We may also use these cookies to test new pages, features or new functionality of the Website to see how our users react to them.
We may use the data collected from all cookies for maintaining and improving the Service, personalized browsing, advertising, promotions, and tracking user preferences.
You can change the options in your browser to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to utilize all of the features of the Website.
4. Other Tracking Technologies
Other tracking technologies such as Graphics Interchange Format (“GIFs”), pixel tags, or web beacons may be used. These technologies may be embedded on web pages, emails, and other communications. The data collected from these tracking technologies is used to maintain and improve the Service, track the activities of the users, and compile data regarding the use of the Service. Clear GIFs may be used in email communications to track the user’s viewing and response actions.
5. How We Use Your Personal Data
As part of our business operations, we collect and use certain Personal Data about you in order to process your requests, provide you with the Service and to understand your needs so that we may serve you better. We may use Personal Data to tailor online content. Furthermore, we may use your Personal Data to:
· provide, maintain, and improve our Service and learn about our user base;
· manage your Account including the completion of the registration of the Service and conduct business with our service providers;
· screen applicants for employment;
· invite you to participate in promotions and/or surveys;
· verify your identity and the information that you provide to 8am;
· communicate with you about our Services, your Account, and to provide support;
· send email and other communications to you about our Services, offerings, news, and opportunities. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you can “unsubscribe” using the link provided in communications or by contacting us at email@example.com;
· complete data analysis including the identification of usage trends;
· complete audits;
· identify and prevent data security threats and fraud;
· manage employee compensation, performance, and health benefits programs;
· to respond to your inquiries and, if you ask us to, forward your inquiries to a third party when resolving issues;
· to gather demographic information about users of the Website and to improve our online offerings and Website administration;
· comply with legal and regulatory obligations pertaining to the Services.
We may share your Personal Data in the following situations:
· With service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, and to contact you.
· With business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
· With other users when you share personal information that may be viewed by all users.
· For business transfers in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sales of The Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
· With your consent.
6. Retention of Your Personal Data
7. Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at The Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. This means that this information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your province, country, or other government jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those in your jurisdiction.
8. Disclosure of Your Personal Data
At your request and with your consent, we may connect you with third party service providers. In these circumstances, the Personal Data that the third party provider receives is limited to that which is held by us that they need in order to render their services to us and/or to facilitate provision of the Services. In addition, we may disclose Personal Data in the following circumstances:
· Law enforcement. Under certain circumstances, The Company may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities such as a court or a government agency.
· Other legal requirements. The Company may disclose your personal information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: comply with a legal obligation; protect and defend the rights or property of The Company; prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service including but not limiting the detection or prevention of fraud or abusive behaviour; protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public; protect against legal liability. The Company may disclose Personal Data without your knowledge or consent to its lawyers for the aforementioned reasons.
· With your consent.
9. Security of Personal Data
8am utilizes reasonable organizational and technical measures to ensure security of your Personal Data. Access to Personal Data will be restricted to our authorized personnel who require the Personal Data in order to perform their duties properly. Despite these precautions, you should know that no data transmission over the internet is completely safe. While there is no guarantee against data breaches, 8am has applied reasonable measures to prevent a data breach. In the event of a data breach, users of the Service will be notified at the first reasonable opportunity to do so.
10. Payment Information
When you make a payment for the Services, you will be directed to a third-party payment service who will process your financial information. We only receive a copy of the receipt that the third-party payment processor provides to you that is a cryptographically secure confirmation. We do not collect or store payment details for Services.
11. Children and Minors
We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose Personal Data from individuals under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please obtain permission from a parent or legal guardian before providing us with Personal Data. If you are the parent or legal guardian of an individual under the age of 18 that may have provided us with their Personal Data, please contact our Privacy Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org to have this Personal Data removed or consent provided.
12. Do Not Track Signals
The Do Not Track signal is a machine-readable header indicating that you do not wish to have your online actions tracked. Our Services do not respond to Do Not Track signals.
14. Changing Your Information
Please contact us should you require a correction, an update, or other change to your Personal Data. We will endeavor to respond as quickly as possible to all requests. The contact information is listed below.
15. Contact Information